Sunday, January 3, 2010

TRAILER TIME




Honestly, this movie could be about Sarah Jessica Parker cleaning toilets and I would watch it!!!! Why??? because she would be in Chanel and Valentino while doing it!!!! I love love love fashion!!! Nothing would make me happier in life than to be 116pds, wearing clothes that would cost more than my current net worth!!!!! Bring on the Marc Jacobs, Armani, Dior, Versace, . . . . I could go all night!!!! This movie nourishes my fashion hunger and so I will go, even if it gets the worst reviews in history!!!! On a side note though . . . . I wish they would keep the filming in New York - that is part of the appeal and a staple in the original "Sex and The City" - I guess it's going to be a lot more sex and a lot less City!!!!!!




How do you make a shit load of money??
This is how:
-You open a movie called "Valentine's Day" two days before Valentine's Day
-You chalk it full of famous, good looking people
-you make sure it caters to all age demographics by putting in a little Taylor Launtner and adding some Julia Roberts
-Lastly you make it all about finding new love, cherishing old love, and expanding on current love - it's like moth to a flame - the women will be pouring into the theater's, dragging their dutiful men along with them!!!!

Warner Brother's is going to be swimming in the Green Stuff come February 12, 2010!!!!

- Side Note: Their seems to be a little "Valentine's Day" controversy!!! It appears the Studio is getting in a little shit for the trailer as they did not only exclude the gay relationship between Bradley Cooper and Eric Dane, but manipulated it to look like Bradley Cooper and Julia Roberts have a possible budding relationship in the film. I am pretty sure we will all be seeing a new relationship dynamic come to light in the next trailer released by Warner's!!!!




This could finally be George Clooney's ticket to an Oscar!!! He has been receiving incredible reviews and was recently rewarded with a Golden Globe nomination. It came in 6th at the box office over the Christmas weekend, grossing 24 million worldwide on it's opening 3 days, which might seem low in comparison to Avatar or Sherlock Holmes, but still respectful considering it only cost 30 million to make.

His costar - Anna Kendrick (known for her role as Jessica, Bella's best friend in the Twilight movies) is also receiving praise for her work in "Up In The Air" and has been acknowledged by the foreign press association with a Golden Globe nomination for best supporting actress in a motion picture. I have not had a chance to see the movie yet, but I can tell you that Anna's performance in "New Moon" was one of the only shinning moments in the movie!!!

Anyway, back to "Up In The Air". The premise of the movie is both sad and depressing - your typical Oscar Nominee!!!! Thankfully it appears to be executed with well timed humor thus making it interesting and entertaining and allowing us to grasp the depth of the story without walking away wanting to jump of a bridge!!!! I am really pulling for this movie come Oscar time as it was written and directed by Jason Reitman a fellow Canadian and previous Oscar nominee for Juno (fabulous movie). The Oscars air March 7th, 2010, only 63 days to go!!!!!




This movie totally reminds me of those repetitive daydreams I would have in my late teens, early twenties about traveling to Europe on an expedition of self discovery with the expectation of "really" experiencing life!!!! - or at least my preconceived notion of it!!! You know the one!!!!! . . . I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say it ends with me, a very full passport, a disgustingly handsome Irish guy and a uncanny ability to identify anything booze related!!!!

So anyway about the movie . . . it stars Matthew Goode, Adam Scott, John Lithgow and the incredible Amy Adams. It's totally your typical lovy, dovy movie, which if executed correctly can be a nice, entertaining break from reality!!!! I love Amy Adams so I will totally be seeing this movie, although I might have to wait until it hits blockbuster!!!!