Friday, April 9, 2010

ELLEN PAGE



























BESTIE #4
I think I have watched “Juno” a total of 200 times . . . . . .aside from “Pride and Prejudice” it’s my go 2 movie.

Ellen is fresh, intelligent, unique and most of all centered – all qualities the new generation of Actresses seem to be lacking (excluding Carey Mulligan of course!!!!).

Ellen just gave a very revealing interview with the “Guardian” and opened up about some very provocative topics!!! – love it

On doing her own stunts for her Whip It role, Page remarks, "There were a few bruises but it was so much fun... I think it is great as a girl to be able to experience that kind of controlled aggressiveness. I'm not in favour of aggression for its own sake but in this context it is empowering and liberating and at the end everybody goes out for a beer and loves each other."

When asked of life after Juno, she observes, "I found it very strange to be suddenly talking about myself all the time and to be followed down the street. But it's been a huge gift too. To be in a position, at my age, where I am financially independent, I can help develop things, I can promote stuff that I believe in."

And in case you didn't know, Page is a feminist. A big one. When asked about what her reaction was to the hoopla triggered by her controversial Juno role, Page declared, "People are so black and white about this. Because she kept the baby everybody said the film was against abortion. But if she'd had an abortion everybody would have been like, 'Oh my God.' I am a feminist and I am totally pro-choice, but what's funny is when you say that people assume that you are pro-abortion. I don't love abortion but I want women to be able to choose and I don't want white dudes in an office being able to make laws on things like this. I mean what are we going to do - go back to clothes hangers?" Good question. And Page thinks the way women are treated in her industry is a "total drag;" for example, "a film comes out where a woman is in the lead, or a movie comes out where a bunch of girls are roller derbying, and it doesn't make much money and you see articles about how women can't carry a film." So true.

All in all, Page comes off as casual yet astute. Simple yet sophisticated and that is why she Is one of the chosen one's for my elite bestie list.