Thursday, March 11, 2010

OSCARS BEST AND WORST DRESSED

WHO MADE IT AND WHO DIDN'T

I watch the Oscars every year, and they would not be the same if it was not for those beautiful dresses. This year seemed to be full of looks I looooooooooooooved or looks I seriously hated – their were not a lot of in betweeners like most years. So here it is my top 5 list of best and worst dressed.

BEST DRESSED


#5 - Carey Mulligan
It’s no secret that I love Carey – her style is always so individualized. This Prada dress is probably safer than I was expecting, but I love that it is short in the front and longer in the back and she paired it so well with those killer earrings!!!! I want the earrings!!!!




#4 – Sandra Bullock
She is so stunning in this antiqued embroidered Marchesa Gown. I love the train and how it showcases her incredible body so perfectly. My only complaint is that I wish she would have done a little something more with her hair and I am not a huge fan of the lipstick color, but otherwise she is a vision.





#3 – Anna Kendrick
I couldn’t believe it when she showed up on the red carpet in this beautiful dusty rose-colored, off-the-shoulder gown, designed by Elie Saab. This is the same color as both my prom and wedding dress so I obviously have a predetermined preference!!!! She is perfection – don’t you love the rousing and the use of the different fabrics – LOVE




#4 – Vera Farmega
I actually gasped when I saw this dress. I am already a huge fan, but this just put her on a whole new level. This raspberry colored Marchesa gown could not have been more of a perfect choice for her incredible body. She paired it perfectly by doing a classic up-do and a simple, yet stunning pair of earrings.








#5 – Rachel McAdams
Is this not the most fucking incredible gown you have even seen!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of our little Canadian girl she absolutely stole the red carpet in this strapless Elie Saab gown. I love the soft, pastel print and how it hugs her bodice and flows so beautifully from her torso – I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!!

Side note: I commented on this in my Oscar moment to moment, but the second the camera flashed on Rachel and Jake Gyllenhaal sitting beside one another - I looked over at my girlfriend and said “Oh my gosh why didn’t we think of this before – wouldn’t they make the best fucking couple ever” I am hoping that if the forces of the universe will it enough than it will really happen!!!!