Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar moment to moment recap

The Oscars have started

Love the entrance with the actors and actresses being showcased

Neil Patrick Harris - opening the show with a big dance - love it!!!

Here they come - Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin

Fuck they are funny, but if they keep this up they are going to get in some seriously hot water

What's up with George's scowl, I thought he was joking, but now I don't know????

God I love Penelopes dress she was the presenter for best supporting actor - I voted for Christoph Waltz - Inglorious Bastards - yah he won - that's one point for me!!!!!!

Cameron and Steve presenting Best Animated Feature Film - I voted for "UP" and guess what it won - two for two!!!

Oh no first time seeing Amanda Seifriend - please someone help her with her wardrobe, I was really hoping she would pull through for the Oscars - they presented best original song - I voted for Nine - it went to Crazy Heart - shit!! - first one wrong. Best part of the win - speech to my wife I love you more than rainbows?? WTF

Chris Pine suddenly appears and showcases district 9 - he is soooooooo not my type, but the movie looks good.

Robert Downey Jr. and Tina Fey - best original screen play - I choose Inglorious Bastards, come on, come on - FUCK - it went to the Hurt Locker - that's two wrong - this is not good!!!!

Molly Ringwald and Mathew Broderick - Molly has been absent a long time - all of a sudden she's back - can't say I like the dress.

Just caught a glimpse of Rachel McAdams sitting beside Jake Gyllenhaal - SO HOT!!!!! It just looks so right - prediction - together within two months!!!

Oh beauties - Carey and Zelda - god they are stunning and they both give such hope to female actresses in the future - thank god they exist or we would be left with Lindsay Lohan's, Jessica Alba's and Jessica Beil's of the world - whom are about as full as an empty pool!!! They are introducing the best short film - I had Logorama - and I actually won one!!! I think I'm at 50%

Now they are announcing best documentary short subject - please be "Music by Prudence" - OOOOh Yaaaaaaaaah -total guess

Lastly they are announcing Best short film it went to "The New Tenants" that's another baby = yaaaaaah

Ben Stiller is coming out as an Avatar character - fuckin hilarious - he's here for best make up - here we go. . . .can I make it 4 in a row common Star Trek - yeppie ki yah mother fucker!!!!!

Oh my God I have a new favourite dress for the night - Rachel McAdams - Absolute Perfection!!!!!!! Her and Jake Gyllenhaal are announcing best adapted Screenplay (they are perfection together) - Precious won of course - stupid me for choosing "District 9"!!!!

Queen Latifah lookin good - weight watchers is definitely working for her- she looks fabulous

Is it just me - or does everybody look seriously pissy - George most of all!!!!!!!!

Here comes Robin Williams hopefully he can lighten the crowd. Best Actress in a supporting role. Mo'nique - was it really a surprise - this speech should be interesting - wow - I feel bad that I said anything that speech was amazing - very well executed!!!

Here comes my Colin - ever since Tom Ford touched him it's like his sex appeal has gone up 120% this just put my good mood into overdrive, unfortunately I can't say the same of the audience - they all look miserable - cheer up it's the Fucking Oscars!!!!

Segourney Weaver - best Art Direction - got that one!!!! p.s. Weaver looks great

Here comes Sarah Jessica Parker (who might be leading the race for skinniest actress) and Tom Ford (Mr. perfection) presenting costume design - Period pieces always seem to win so I voted for "The Young Victoria"- Yes - I am really doing well this year!!!

Here comes Charlize Theron and her dress. . it seriously looks like hand puppets are coming around and grabbing her tits!!!

Here comes wee Lautner and awkward Kstew to present a tribute to horror films. They look so out of place. I think there is a time and place for everything and everyone and if you ask my opinion these two should not be invited until they actually have some street cred - you know a valuable portfolio of work!!! This goes for Miley Cyrus as well - why have they allowed her to present 3 years in a row????? I realize they are bringing these youngster's in to grab some higher ratings, but it is really depreciating the Oscar hierarchy

Anna Kendrick and Zack Efron- They are their to present Best Sound Editing - I am voting for Avatar and the winner is . . . . The hurt Locker - Oh well you can't win them all. And now for best sound editing once again I voted for Avatar - wrong again it went to the damn "Hurt Locker" - I really need to see this movie!!!!

Elizabeth Banks - looking fabulous in a grey dress - she looks amazing - this is definitly one of my favourites of the night - she was there to recognize previous awards received on a separate evening.


The always incredible Sandra Bullock just announced best cinematography - It went to Avatar - got another one

Demi Moore - wow fabulous look, wish she could walk in those shoes - She is there to announce James Taylor who is there to honour the dead - Oh so sad Patrick Swayze, Brittany Murphy, Disney, Micheal Jackson, Natasha Richardson, Karl Madsen, so many people - what about Farrah Fawcett???

Jennifer Lopez and Sam Worthington - they are there to present league of extraordinary dancers -fucking brilliant - love it - best way to showcase Best original Score. And the winner goes to - "Up" - wrong again I really banked on Avatar winning almost everything - pleasantly surprised

Oh here comes Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler - Best Visual Effects - Avatar - I hope they win a couple more or my percentage is going way down

Jason Batemen - he looks so great - love his humour - presenting "Up in the Air" and giving a little comic relief by saying it was probably his only opportunity to boss George Clooney around!!!! What is with Grumpy George - I find it irritating whether it is a joke or not!!! He really appears ungrateful!!!!

Matt Damon - Hottie Hot - there to give us a little eye candy and to present Best Documentary Feature - I choose the "Cove" - and the winner goes to the "Cove" yes lucky guess

Tyler Perry - Best Film Editing - I went with what I thought was a safe bet - Avatar - I could be wrong they are definitely not a sure thing - shit like I said I could be wrong - The "Hurt Locker" takes another

Quentin Terrintino and Pedro introducing Foreign Language Film - No idea I chose Peru, but it went to Argentina for "El Secreto de sus Ojos"

Cathy Bates there to introduce Avatar - loved the movie, but the depth of the storyline was definitely lacking, it was still one of the best rides I have ever had in a theatre!!!

Tim Robins, Michelle Pfiefer, Colin Farrell, Vera Farmega, Julianne Moore there to introduce the nominees for Best Actor - I love how they give such great intros about both there personal and professional careers. Kate Winslet comes out to actually introduce the Best Actor and I am hoping for Jeff Bridges!! The perfect recognition to a very long and prestigious career. Yah Jeff Bridges took it - so great MAN as Bridges would say roughly 20 times in his speech.

Forrest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Stanley Tucci, Martin Sheen, Peter Saarsgard here to give the introductions to all the nominated Best Actresses - love Meryl's intro - here comes grumpy Sean Penn - and it goes to SANDRA BULLOCK - She is so lovely - good attitude and hard work does pay off. I will admit she might not be the best, but I believe she is the most deserving!!! What an incredible speech!!!!

Barbara Streisand is there to introduce Best Director could history be made - YES -Kathryn Bigelow becomes the first female Director to ever win an Oscar for the "Hurt Locker". Loved Seeing James Cameron try and steal some of the spotlight from his ex - not a fan, but I will admit I thought he would win.

Suddenly Tom Hanks is on stage and quickly announces the final winner of the night - The "Hurt Locker" wins for Best Picture - they are all so thrilled - what a great ending to the night.